Peter King MA, MSc (Osteo.), MCSP, SRP
Owner & principle clinician at – The King Clinics Epsom & Sutton
Director of: Osteopathic Educational Services Ltd.
- Registered Osteopath (GOsC)
- State Registered (HCPC) & Chartered Physiotherapist (CSP)
- Acupuncturist (AACP)
He previously worked as a:
- Osteopathic clinic tutor
- Osteopathy research supervisor
at the Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine (SIOM) & an
Osteopathy research supervisor for the International College of
Osteopathic Medicine – based in Milan, Italy.
In addition, he is one of only six people worldwide to have received
‘Menkyo Kaiden’ (a full master’s licence) in the ‘Amatsu Tatara
Hichibuku Goshinjutsu’ system of Traditional Japanese Medicine. Peter learnt this system of natural medicine under the school’s head teacher in Japan.
- MSc. (Master of Science) degree: Osteopathy (University of Greenwich)
- M.A. (Master of Arts) degree: Work Based Learning – Sports Science (Middlesex University)
He is an:-
- Advanced Member of the Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists
He has completed postgraduate training:
- Osteopathic ‘Still Technique’
- The original osteopathic ‘Exaggeration Techniques’ of Dr A. T. Still.
- Chronic Lumbo-Pelvic Pain with Andry Vleeming
- Cranial Osteopathy
- Osteopathic Balanced Ligamentous Tension (of Dr W. G Sutherland)
- Osteopathic Visceral Manipulation
- Osteopathic ‘Strain Counterstrain’ / ‘Positional Release’
- Myofascial Release
- Medical Acupuncture (BMAS)
- Fundamental and Advanced Kinesio Taping (KT1 & KT2)
In addition, he also holds:
- An Advanced Certificate in Traditional Chinese Acupuncture
- A Diploma in Advanced Chinese Tuina (Acupoints, Massage & Manipulation)
- An Advanced Diploma in Sports Therapy
- A Diploma in Shiatsu
- A Diploma in Short Lever Chiropractic Technique; Spinal & Extremities – (Diversified, Activator & Drop Methods).
- Diploma – Advanced Myoskeletal Therapist (‘Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques’)
He is a Member of:
- Institute of Osteopathy (IO)
- Physio First, the Organisation of Chartered Physiotherapist in Private Practice (OCPPP)
- A Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (FRSM)
- A Fellow of The British Association for Physical Training (FBAPT)
He was a delegate at the:
- 1st International Fascia Research Congress held at Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA in October 2007,
- 2nd International Fascia Research Congress held Amsterdam, Netherlands in October 2009.
- 8th World Congress on Low Back & Pelvic Pain in Dubai, October 2013.
- 1st British Fascia Symposium, Windsor, UK in 2013
- 4th International Fascia Research Congress held in Washington, DC in 2015.
- A keynote speaker at the 1st Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine, Research Symposium in April 2014
- A teacher on the ‘Manual Therapy International’ course for
Australian Physiotherapists held in Chang Mai, Thailand in April 2008.
- And he has lectured on Traditional Japanese Medicine in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.